Ok this isn’t a recipe, technically, but more of a tip.
Over the weekend, my husband wanted a baked potato, but I didn’t have time to bake them in the oven for over an hour. I really wanted the crispy skin that comes from oven-baked taters though, so I tried this make-shift method.
Here’s my cheat version of a baked potato:
- Puncture a potato with a fork several times
- Wrap the potato in saran wrap, and cook in the microwave for approx. 7 min, or until it’s soft when touched with a fork. While the tater is cooking, heat up the oven on the broiler setting.
- Remove the potato from the microwave, unwrap it, and place it in an oven safe dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush the top of the potato with olive oil, then sprinkle some salt on top.
- Broil in the oven for approx. 5 minutes, or until crispy.
- Cut open and dress with your favorite toppings.